Peach Jungle Crumble
- 150g plain flour
- 125g chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus extra to grease
- 35g demerara sugar
- 35g caster sugar, plus extra, for the fruit
- 900g fresh peaches or nectarines, stoned and cut into chunks
- Handful of porridge oats
- 1 packet CRACKER BISCUITS
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Combine the flour and butter in a large bowl and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs with a few larger lumps. Stir in both sugars.
- Sprinkle with a little cold water and rake through with a fork until you have a lumpy, crumbly mixture. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes until ready to bake.
- Meanwhile, cover the fruit with a little water in a pan and sprinkle with caster sugar. Heat gently and simmer for two to three minutes. Put the softened fruit in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish.
- Arrange the crumble topping over the fruit and sprinkle with porridge oats. Finally, place all the CRACKER BISCUITS over the surface of the crumble – in any pattern you like.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes more.