Peach Jungle Crumble
150g plain flour
125g chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus extra to grease
35g demerara sugar
35g caster sugar, plus extra, for the fruit
900g fresh peaches or nectarines, stoned and cut into chunks
Handful of porridge oats
1 packet CRACKER BISCUITS
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Combine the flour and butter in a large bowl and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs with a few larger lumps. Stir in both sugars.
- Sprinkle with a little cold water and rake through with a fork until you have a lumpy, crumbly mixture. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes until ready to bake.
- Meanwhile, cover the fruit with a little water in a pan and sprinkle with caster sugar. Heat gently and simmer for two to three minutes. Put the softened fruit in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish.
- Arrange the crumble topping over the fruit and sprinkle with porridge oats. Finally, place all the CRACKER BISCUITS over the surface of the crumble – in any pattern you like.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes more.