STUFFED PB&J FRENCH TOAST KABOBS
- 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 8 slices Yale Glucose Malted Milk (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 fresh strawberries, halved
- Additional maple syrup and sliced fresh strawberries
- Spread jam over four slices of bread. Top with sliced strawberries; sprinkle with cinnamon. Spread peanut butter over remaining bread; place over top.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 3 tablespoon syrup and vanilla until blended. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, allowing each side to soak 10 seconds. Place sandwiches on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer sandwiches to a cutting board; brush sandwiches with remaining syrup. Cut sandwiches into quarters. On four metal or wooden skewers, alternately thread French toast and halved strawberries. If desired, serve with additional syrup and strawberries.