LITE CRACKER TOFFEE
Total Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 – 1 1/2 sleeves Yale Lite Crackers
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay the crackers (salt-side down) in a single layer until the sheet is covered.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick stove-top pan.
- Add the brown sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes until lighter in color of bubbly.
- Pour carefully over the crackers.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
- Cool the crackers for 1-2 minutes then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Let sit for a few minutes until the chocolate melts (you might need to put the pan in the oven for 30 seconds or so to warm the chocolate chips).
- Carefully spread the chocolate over the crackers until smooth and covers every cracker.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cool in the refrigerator until cold.
- Break the crackers apart and…ENJOY!!