Digestive Gold Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- 150g (5oz) good-quality plain chocolate, chopped
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 2 large tbsp golden syrup
- 225g (8oz) DIGESTIVE GOLD SELECTION (in a bowl with your hands or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin)
- 25g (1oz) hazelnuts or almonds, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and golden syrup in a large bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water on a low heat.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and nuts (if using) until well blended.
- Spread into a 23cm diameter round cake tin or a 20cm square tin, lined with grease-proof or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours until well set, or pop into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve!
This cake is loved in the United Kingdom also. Prince William chose chocolate biscuit cake for his groom’s cake. He has good taste in cakes.