Christmas Chocolate Tart
- 3 pack Yale Digestive, crushed
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick/85 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 170 g (1 cup) coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 170 g (1 cup) coarsely chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick/56 g) butter, cut into small pieces
To make the crust:
- Crush Yale Digestive until they turn to crumbs.
- Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl, add melted butter, and mix until combined and moistened.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch (23cm) tart pan.
- Bake the crust in a 350F/180C preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. This will make the crust more crisp and less soft.
To make the filling:
- In a medium heatproof bowl, place chopped bittersweet and milk chocolate
- Set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream and butter to a low boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour mixture over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute
- Stir mixture until melted and smooth (if not completely melted, heat in the microwave for several seconds and stir, until melted).
- Pour mixture over chilled Yale Digestive crust and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add desired decoration. Tart will keep, covered well, for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.