Caramel Apple Crunch Breakfast Bake
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups peeled tart apples, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 large apples)
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 pack of Butter Bake biscuits
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add apples and 1 cup of the brown sugar, the flour and cinnamon. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter. In large bowl, mix biscuit pieces, melted butter, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and the corn syrup until well coated. Spoon evenly over apple mixture in baking dish
- Bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed Butter Bake biscuits (optional).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Serve warm.
You’ll love the smell of baked caramel apples in the morning!