- 6 slices of bread
- 1.5 cubed potatoes
- Handful of green peas
- 1tbsp. Of oil
- 1spring curry leaves
- ½ tbsp of mustard
- 2 green chilies chopped
- ½ tsp of ginger paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Salt as needed
- Steam or boil potatoes until just cooked.
- Set them aside to cool and mash them up very well.
- Heat 1 spoon of oil in a pan.
- Add mustard and allow them to crackle. Add ginger paste, chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Saute them all until aromatic.
- Add hing, chili powder, turmeric and garam masala. Add the mashed potatoes, sprinkle salt and mix well.
- Place the bread slices and then spread the potato masala.
- Cover with another slice of bread. Cut them diagonaly.
- Begin to heat the oil as needed. In a mixing bowl, add besan, red chili powder, salt, rice flour and turmeric and mix them.
- Lift the bread and dip it in batter.
- Drop in hot oil. Fry until golden and remove.
- Enjoy with green chutney!
Remember man does not live on bread alone. Sometimes he needs a little potato on the side.