Dry Gulab Jamun
- 5 slices of Yale bread
- 3/4 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of rose water
- 3 to 4 tsp of milk
- 2 to 4 tsp of sugar or coconut
- Oil for frying
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar along with 1/2 cup of water to a pot.
- Make a syrup by boiling till it becomes sticky. No string consistency must be formed. Add few drops of rose water. Switch off the stove and leave it on the burner to keep hot till the balls are ready.
- Cut the bread to small pieces and make a dough using milk as needed. Do not over knead. Use a tsp of oil to grease your hands. Divide the dough and make round balls.
- Heat oil in a pot. When the oil is medium hot, add the balls. Frying on very high heat will brown the balls without cooking them inside. Frying on very low flame will turn them hard. Deep fry them in hot oil till golden on a medium flame.
- Immediately drop to the hot syrup. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for the balls to soften. Soak for 5 to 6 hours.
- When they are soaked well, drain them off the cyrup.
- Roll them in 2 to 3 tsp of sugar or coconut.
- Now they are ready to serve!
Here is a fast delicious snack to be served any time of the day!